What we do
INC's mission is to promote the quality, stability, and vitality
of Durham's neighborhoods.
To achieve this goal, we:
Monitor local government
* by sending a representative to bi-monthly City Council meetings.
* by sending a representative to bi-monthly meetings of the Board
of County Commissioners.
Participate in local government
* by having representatives and neighborhood advocates appointed
to citizen advisory commissions.
* by reviewing applications and making recommendations to the
City Council and Board of County Commissioners on appointments
to boards such as the Board of Adjustments, Planning Commission,
Environmental Affairs Board, etc.
Inform members about current issues
* by reporting on government meetings and activities at monthly
* by distributing a quarterly newsletter to members.
Represent neighborhood positions
which have been agreed to by member consensus
* by responding to calls from individual council members and
* by responding to calls from the press.
* by issuing press releases on urgent community issues.
* by sending a representative to speak at hearings and relevant